Sunday, September 19, 2010

Say Hello to Gracie Jane!

We got a new puppy. 

Yes, I know it seems quick, since Gabi passed away on August 11.

But I think Gracie Jane was meant for us.  She was born on August 12.

My husband and I had been talking about when we thought we would get another dog and what kind.  He had mentioned American Mastiffs a while ago so I started researching them to see if they would be a good fit.

Because you know, we are not the high energy, must run everyday without fail, working dog kinda people.  We are more the laid back, take a leisurely walk everyday, and socialize with the other dog owners, kinda people.

And guess what!  They are a good match for us...they are very calm, social dogs who are protective of their families.  Which is great - a dog that gets along when you take it to the park but will be a bit protective if someone breaks into the house in the middle of the night.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanmastiff.htm

Anyway when I was checking to see if they had any breeders in Texas I came across the breeder site.

http://www.americanmastiffbreederscouncil.com/American%20Mastiff%20Breeders.htm

And there is one in Texas:  www.fivebranch.com

So I go on the website and what do I see? 

Puppies.

Lots of puppies.

10 to be exact - AND there were two females that had not been placed into homes yet.

So I sent the breeder a note, saying that we wouldn't be back in the States until the beginning of October and most likely not be able to get a new dog until November at the earliest and when did they think the next litter would be born.

Well she came back and said, well if you want one of the remaining females we can keep her for you until mid November.

So I ask my husband, do you think we should get one?  He's like sure why not?

So now we have a new puppy, and we'll most likely pick her up the 2nd weekend in October!

YEAH!

So now without further ado...here is Gracie Jane!



Isn't she just the cutest thing you've ever seen?!  Look at that face!

I can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment