Tuesday, September 7, 2010

AMERICA! The Job Hunt...Starts!

This is why I love America:

"Hi Judith.  Welcome back!  We have not met but thought I would reach out and see if we can meet.  Your resume online seems to indicate you are moving back this month.  If you are here I would like to work with you to see if I  can help you find a new role.  I am a fiannce and accounting recruiter here in Houston and have been in this business for 7 years.  Prior to that I was a CFO in a publicly held company.  Would be delighted to work with you.  Thanks for the reply.  Look forward to meeting you and see if we can find a new role for you in Houston. "


This was from a recruiter who pulled my CV from Monster, which I updated on Sunday indicating that I was moving back to the US in September and would be available for a J.O.B.  


Now she spelled finance wrong, but really it's about the fact that a real person wrote me regarding employment.


In America.


And...guess what?!


She didn't ask for a photo.


She didn't ask for my nationality.


Or my age.


Or my passport number.


Go figure.


A real inquiry from a real person.


That acts professional (except for the spelling error).


I wonder how long it will take me to find a job in the US...


Ain't life grand?


Oh sorry - Ain't AMERICA GRAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment