Monday, January 25, 2010

A Comment

I got a comment last night on my post about spanking. Now I never really thought anyone would read my blog except my friend SP. And really, as busy as she is with her kids, job, and husband, I'm not even sure she has the time to look at it, although she did follow. Thank you SP!

Anyway this was the comment:

"There are still kids who get spanked like me at 13. My parents punish me on the week end for all what I done during the week. I get 40-50 belt or cord. On bare butt and legs. What is very bad, that my classmates tease me cos I always wear shorts to school and they see my marks and call me baby. Did you have similar problems as a kid?"


Now I'm not sure if this is a real 13 year old or if this is from someone being an ass. But if it is from a real 13 year old my question is, where do you live? Meaning what country.

Because I'd like to think if you are in America going to school, in shorts, with visable welps from being beaten with a belt or cord weekly your teachers would have called child services.

If you are in America and your teachers have not called child services - let me say this to you...call 911.

Tell them what is going on because seriously you are being beaten not spanked. And there is a world of difference between the two. What I was talking about is spanking, which leaves no lasting physical marks. It just makes a point. A very good point that the behavior in question is not acceptable.

As the post has a bit of broken English in it, "What is very bad, that my..." I'm leaning toward the thought that you must be in another country like India, Mexico, etc... where beating your kids is O.K.

And if that is the case - sweetie I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you to do. The only thing I can say is that one day soon you will be an adult and free from your parents house. Or that hopefully one day you will be big enough physically that they will be scared to hit you.

But to answer your question if that happened to me when I was a child. No. I was not beaten as you are being beaten.

I was spanked, I was smacked, but there was never, ever, a mark or bruise left on me. And I was lucky enough that my parents cared enough to do it when I needed it, but not cross the line into abuse. Because they could have easily as my parents were not by any stretch of the imagination what you would call good parents.

Anyway - if this was not a real comment and was from someone trying to make a point - I can write about whatever I want and give my opinion because this is my blog, my thoughts, my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment