Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Goals

I have a goal...

It's similar to a dream, but not.

I have a goal.

I'm no longer going to say "I want to lose XX pounds".  I'm just going to try to break it down to the simplest of goals.

I'm going to try to not eat sweets. 

Today.

Because trying not to eat sweets forever isn't going to work, neither is stopping for 6 months or 6 days.  So we're just hitting for today.

For some reason during Lent I can give them up for 6 solid weeks.  Any other time - it's a no go.  So for today, just today, no sweets.  No biscotti with my coffee, no chocolate with my wine.  No pudding after dinner. 

Just say NO!

Now "they"  and you know who "they" are... say that you have a better chance of attaining a goal if you write it down.

I'll let you know how that works out.

Tomorrow.

I have a DREAM America!

Oh, sorry - carried away there, what I mean is;

I have a GOAL America!

No comments:

Post a Comment