Monday, October 12, 2009

My Brother

I talked to my brother and his Mom this morning.  I always love talking to him even though he says like the same five things over and over again every time I talk to him.  Sandra (his Mom) said everything is going really well over in their neck of the woods and that they went to see Lion King in Alaska.  Apparently Art and Erica were so enthralled they were quiet the entire show (Aside from the laughing and clapping).  It was a great start to my day hearing how much fun they had.

We're going on vacation on Friday to Istanbul - I'm more looking forward to not being at work than I am about seeing Istanbul.  But it will be fun and most importantly the beds at the W are suppose to be very, very, comfortable.

I love sleeping and wallowing in a comfortable bed.

LOVE IT! 

I have special wallow time sheduled every Friday morning - my husband even leaves me alone until it's finished...

There is nothing like lying in the bed knowing that you don't have to get up and you don't have to be anywhere anytime soon. My sheets are perfect - 800 thread count Egyptian cotton (my favorites that I bought at TJ Maxx - gotta love the Maxx). My bed is a Sterns and Foster pillow top with a Sterns and Foster mattress pad. It's the ultimate in comfort. 

I live for Friday mornings...

I haven't talked to my sister in a week or so - which makes me worry.  Especially now that she's lost another job.  I hope she gets her shit together soon and doesn't do anything stupid.

R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A., R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A., Hey Yeah, Rocking in the USA...  - this is what is going through my head right now...sad.
====================================

O.K. it's a bit later in the day and I have a sick feeling in my stomach regarding the health care bill.  You know who is going to be paying out their eyeballs for it...middle class.  People like me - we'll never be able to save enough for retirement and we'll end up eating generic dog food that was tossed out...

While living in a cardboard box...

While still working because I won't be able to afford the cardboard box without a job... 

I'll be 80 and working 50 hours weeks just to pay for health care for "the poor". 

I cannot stand government who wants to take my hard earned dollars out of my pocket and put it into either their pocket or someone they think is more deserving. 

I should have been a teenage mother.  Then I wouldn't be worried about my pocketbook or retirement.  I would just need to keep voting Democrats into office.

Haven't they heard of the Public Health Clinic.  We used that when I was a kid and we didn't have any money or insurance.  It worked out just fine - got my shots, got my dental work, was able to even get gyn exams and birth control.  I used the PHC until I was well into my 20's. 

But no - we can't send more funding to them - we have to overhaul the entire system. 

ARGH!

America is still the best country on the face of the earth.  The Democrats are just hippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment