Sunday, March 7, 2010

The French

I'm not a big fan of French food - but I have to say their baked goods are very, very good.

A French bakery just opened up near us and we checked it out the day before yesterday.

It's owned by a real French Pastry Chef.

Who uses butter.

Real butter.

Butter.

And you all know - everything tastes better with butter.

I had an almond croissant.

And I swear to you that it tasted like it had been soaked in butter then flash fried.

In butter.

Then as an after thought they sprinkled a few almond slivers and threw some powdered sugar on top.

Can I just say it was soooo good that I'm salivating for one right now just telling you about it.

Who knew a croissant could taste so good.

Their Coffee wasn't half bad either - I'm thinking of holding weekend services there.

Still don't have a name for my Coffee based religion...

The only thing that could have made the cafe better was if they had an Italian making the Coffee.

A French Pastry Chef and an Italian Barista.

That my friends is my idea of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment