Monday, February 22, 2010

Here I am, and there you are...

I'm sitting here with the Toot and the Crank sipping on a nice tumbler of 12 year Auchentoshan single malt.

I do so like my single malt. It's right up there with my daily coffee.

Gives me a warm and fuzzy...

The only thing that would be better is if my husband was home, or my bbf SP were here (or I was in Houston with her).

I've given up all sweets, chips (potato and corn), and fries for Lent. So the only other thing I'd like right now is a big huge hunk of chocolate cake, or a cupcake, or some home made chocolate chip cookies....

Yum.

But I'm not going to do it, I'm going to be strong. I can give them up for 40 days, have given them up for 40 days before, sometimes even longer.

I always try to see how long I can go - I usually make it until May, once I stayed off the sugar until almost August.

And staying off sugar would be really good for me right now. My endometriosis is getting worse - my fibroids are out of control and sugar makes both conditions worse.

So I'm off the sugar, I'm taking the Evening Primrose, the Vitamin C, and I'm going to add the multi-vitamin next.

And I need to lose the weight - but that's another blog - one that I'm not as good at keeping up with. Most likely because I'm having issues committing to weight loss right now.

I could go into the endo/fibroid issues - but that's not this blog either...

But I can say this...there is NO WAY I'm going to have surgery here!

Anyhoo - I need to do the dishes...and I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment