Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oh my Gosh! I'm 20 again!

The most amazing thing happened to me on Saturday, my husband, my brother and I were in Anchorage, getting ready to start our drive to Valdez.

We went to Gwennies to have breakfast (we always go there to have breakfast when we're in town), my husband parked the car, and I ran in to put our name on the list.

While I was waiting for him and my brother to come in I had a seat at the bar.

It was 10 o'clock in the morning (yes we got a late start) and I decided to have a soda - I'd get my coffee with breakfast.

The bartender walked behind the bar and I ask her if I can have a drink...I wasn't sure if the bar was open in the morning.

Apparently it is - and not just for soda.

She took a look at me and said, yes but I need your ID before I can serve you.

I was taken aback.  I'm 40.  I haven't been carded in 10 years and who drinks alcohol at 10am?

Well apparently vacationers do...

So I looked at her and said, really?

She said yes, with a serious look on her face.

I then said, oh, I just wanted a diet coke - but you really want to card me? You don't think I look older than 21?  Oh my God!  I think I love you!

I know I could kiss you!

She smiled and gave me my diet coke.

This woman looked like she was in her mid 50's and was the type of women who didn't take any crap.

She made my day.

Now my husband is trying to sniff the youth out of me because he says I apparently have youth to spare.  I'm chasing him off because really, I'm not giving any of this up!

Who knows how long this mini sprint back in time will last!

No comments:

Post a Comment