Monday, April 19, 2010

Vacation - How sweet it is...

I have to say if you have a chance to go to Thailand GO!

We had the most incredible time.

The people were so nice,

The accommodation was beautiful,

And the food was fantastic!

This is where we stayed:

http://www.santiburi.com/bophut_resort/

We booked a villa with its own pool.

And man was that a good idea!  We didn't get into the main pool once, and we didn't swim in the ocean either.  But we did dip our feet into the water when we walked down the beach.

Having your own private pool is the height of decadence. 

Seriously.

This was one of the best vacations we've ever had - it was so relaxing.

We just chilled out.

But we did do a few things - one day we did an Island Tour and had a look at the big Buddha.

And they weren't kidding when they said big - the thing was Giganormous!

We also went to an animal park and saw the snake show.

Well actually my husband watched it, I walked in saw the guy messing with the uncontained snakes, then I walked out.

I'm not down with teasing a snake that isn't in any kind of containment.  The guy and the snakes were seriously in a circle which had about a 1 foot wall around it.

And that was it.

Really?!

I can tell you without a shadow of doubt, I don't have any sort of wish to be bitten by a king cobra.

Really.

Then we did some zip lining in the tree tops - that was so much fun we almost did it again.

And we road an elephant.  My husband liked that more than me - it depressed me.

I'm not a fan of animal parks and such.  I know they have their place and purpose - I just don't like them.

I feel sad for the animals.

We got back yesterday morning about 2am - talk about a shocker - I had to get up and go to work at 7am. 

I miss my vacation.

Boo hooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment