I found this website:
It's 95 reasons why you shouldn't read Twilight.
And, OH MY GOSH do I love it!!!!
In case you didn't already know I'm not a Twilight fan.
Main reason: Edward is a pedophile.
What 117 year old man is going to find a 16 year old girl interesting?
Bella looks more like a 13 year old boy than a woman, so he's not interested because she looks like a woman.
It's the only explanation.
My favorite reasons on the list to not read Twilight are:
26. Her vampires sparkle. Enough said.
28. There is too much face touching.
46. Bella is Edward’s beard.
48. Straight men sparkle?
51. Edward Cullen is sparkly; crows like sparkly things.
59. She had only been in Forks for a month when Edward had been watching her sleep for two months. (Ha ha ha!)
65. The reason Edward can’t read Bella’s mind is because she doesn’t have one.
77. A hundred years difference = pedophile.
I understand that I'm not the demographic that this book is aiming for - but I think I would have had a hard time with this one even when I was 16. It's creepy when a man goes after a child.
And I love this list because it states the one thing that kept me from even considering this series, the age gap.
And he's sparkly - really? Sparkly?